Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

I have made a bunny cake for a family get-together tomorrow. It is pink on the inside and white ice-inged and coconut-ted on the outside. As a novice baker, my culinary productions probably aren't at all spectacular to most, but I have been wanting to make a bunny cake for years (we had them at church Easter functions (several each year for some reason???) when I was a kid, so thinking of them--and making one today--brings back neat memories). I hope the fam will eat it ALL because I certainly don't need leftover bunny cake!!!

I get to see my niece and nephew tomorrow at the get together too. :) I love spending time with them!

I also plan to go to church in the AM and remember the reason for the holiday! It fills me with love and is very humbling that such a great sacrifice was made for me.

I will leave you with a picture of a house on our local beach. The owners built it to survive hurricanes and other disasters. But it appears they are also in the Easter spirit this year. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm a new follower. Your bunny cake sounds positively delicious, and I can definitely understand not wanting any left over! I LOVE the picture of the bunny house. Absolutely adorable. It makes me wonder what it looks like sans bunny. lol. Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, whoever decided to make it into a bunny was pretty clever! :)

    ReplyDelete