Friday, July 24, 2009

Scars on the Brain

While it's probably been alleged that 'scars on the brain' is part of the problem with me, that is not the topic at hand. Instead, I've been wondering lately if my scar has decreased because my stomach has. I have used Mederma and bought the stuff Catherine recommended at her blog (but haven't used it yet because I moved in May and went out of the country in June/July--stupid excuses, I know). I have not been slathering on the cream as much recently though and have still noticed some scar shrinkage.

Perhaps this is a silly question. I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Duh!" But at the same time, I don't think I've seen this addressed on any posts. Feel free to cross-reference and cite posts if you know of one discussing this. :)

Just in case you are interested since we are on th subject, I had the two-incision injection that some of Dr. R's other patients had. I will try to post pics of my lovely scar (and the small one, which is probably better classified as a mini-scar :) ). This I don't think I could ever do were I not anonymous...nor tell my weight...nor my BMI...etc., etc. I applaud all of you fearless wonders out there whom I'm in awe of. I'm such a fraidy chicken.

Never seen a fraidy chicken?
Here are a couple of varieties so that you can better identify us if the need arises!
:)

3 comments:

  1. LOL you should see my stomach - it looks like a patch-work quilt, scars from the band in, more little ones from the gallbladder out..sheesh! I hope yours are fading? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cara-can you see the pictures? Mine are just little boxes with no picture...anywhoooo...

    My scars are dark from tanning. I will take a picture of them and post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, mine are fading to some extent. But it sounds like you have had a lot going on around your abdomen. Did you qualify for a package deal for all of those surgeries???!!! :)

    Amy, we'll all have to post our lovely scar pics! :)

    (BTW, I hope I fixed the pic problem. They were there when I did the initial posts, and then they disappeared. Let's cross our fingers that they won't do that again.)

    ReplyDelete