Friday, July 24, 2009

Picture of Me Two Days Before Being Banded

I thought I would post a couple of before shots though still doing my best at keeping the ole identity anonymous.

In the first one, I was eating (what I do best). I look like Cousin It's sister here with my hair falling in my face. In the second, the angle looks better for my waistline (and notice the strategically placed hands). These were taken two days before I went to Mexico. I think I actually left the panhandle for MX early morning the day after these shots.

I don't have any surgery shots because I went alone. Yep, all by my lonesome. My guy, as wonderful as he is, couldn't get off work. But no, I'm not at all brave. I was crying my eyeballs out the night before and the morning I left. I was scared to death.

I can't say that the surgery and its effects were completely pain free, but I'm a scaredy chicken and a total baby when it comes to pain and the thought of it. I have cried at all but one of my fills, and they have been almost completely painless.


Picture #1


Picture #2

3 comments:

  1. Hey great pics.. at least we now know you have long blond hair and lovely hands, lol.. and I don't know but I would have to say you didn't look that big.. truth! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your before pictures are my goal weight :) If I ever think I see you on the street I will ask you to hold your arm in front of your face or a large black box...:) That way I will recognize you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!!! I will carry around some black boxes just for you, Amy. Actually, I would like for all of us locals to meet up one day--someone (maybe you?) had mentioned a 5K with all of us local bandsters. I won't even go incognito there! :) :) :)

    As far me before, I have a sedentary career-job now and have a family of obese people. I know that I will continue to gain if a preventative measure isn't taken. I gained 20 lbs. just last year alone (my first year of working as an attorney). I didn't start with a large BMI (though I was obese). But, if nothing else, I hope this band will help me maintain and not gain anymore (although there's no doubt I'd like to lose weight to reduce my back pain, look good at the beach, fit in a pretty wedding dress next year, etc., etc.).

    ReplyDelete