I had a pretty rough Thanksgiving this year. My grandfather passed away on Thanksgiving day. However, he was always thankful for his life and the blessings in it and always reminded us that we needed to be thankful too. With that in mind, my list is about him and his contributions to my life:
1. I am thankful that I had three decades with him.
2. I am thankful that I was able to experience his silly songs and drawings when I was a kid (he would create these songs and drawings just to get a rise out of us grandkids or to make us smile).
3. I am thankful that I lived close to or with him for most of those years.
4. I am thankful that he helped instill in me the importance of giving thanks.
5. I am thankful for all the other memories I have of my grandfather and the time I had with him...and the knowledge that he is in a better place.