Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's the first Thursday after Veteran's Day, so I thought I'd do a Veteran's Day edition. I am thankful for

1. the ability to freely speak and worship, to vote, and to own land;
2. those people, past, present, and future, who have served to protect those freedoms;
3. the blessing of living in America with all of its many opportunities;
4. my family members and friends who have served; and
5. especially, those men and women who were injured or died protecting our freedoms.

Thank you, Veterans.



If you aren't able to watch the video above, which is a very touching memorial to those who fought and died, in it, President Reagan said, “Most of them were boys when they died, and they gave up two lives--the one they were living and the one they would have lived.” There were other poignant things he offered too, but I just wanted to share that for the busy folks that aren't able to watch since I believe it really captures the essence of the sacrifice that was made for our freedoms. I am so very thankful to our servicemen and servicewomen. I hope everyone was able to tell a Veteran, "Thank you," last Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment